Created in the 2016-2017 academic year, the Diversity Fund is an initiative between the Division of Student Affairs and the unit of Multicultural Services. The fund was created specifically to encourage and promote programming, travel, collaborations, and community work seeking to promote diversity, inclusion, and social justice at Missouri State University.
Interested parties must attend an information session for the diversity fund before applying. After the session, individuals, groups, or student organizations interested in receiving funds are required to submit a funding request, including description and a budget outline.
Upcoming sessions will take place the on the following Wednesdays:
- Wednesday, August 28th, 11am-12pm, MRC Annex
- Wednesday, September 11th, 1pm-2pm, MRC PSU
- Wednesday, September 25th, 11am-12pm, MRC Annex
- Wednesday, October 9th, 1pm-2pm, MRC PSU
- Wednesday, October 23rd, 11am-12pm, MRC Annex
- Wednesday, November 6th, 1pm-2pm, MRC PSU
- Wednesday, November 20th, 11am-12pm, MRC Annex
- Wednesday, December 4th, 1pm-2pm, MRC PSU
Examples of past funding:
- Travel and costs for the Association of Black Collegians and Sister Circle to attend the Big Twelve Conference
- Travel costs for Spectrum and Advocates to attend the Midwest Bisexual, Lesbian, Gay, Transgender, and Ally College Conference
- Food for Korean American Students United for First Friday Artwalk
- Food, decorations, and room reservations for the Black History Month and Asian Heritage Month banquets
- Travel and honorarium for National Pan-Hellenic Association Speaker
- Supplies and reservations for the Indian Student Association's Holi Festival
Please email the Diversity Fund (Diversitygrant@missouristate.edu) with any questions.